A global hotel management company
What did Hotel Solutions Partnership achieve for the client?
- The checklist was organised around four main themes.
- The time required to complete all the tasks on the checklist including sub-tasks was calculated, assuming a 12-month period of pre-opening.
- A detailed drill-down of each sub-task to the process level was provided.
- Each task was defined and an indication of the time taken to complete each one was given.
- Importantly dependencies were highlighted - that was, which tasks needed to pre-date later ones.
- Ownership of each process or task was established, indicating those that had to be performed by the client and those that could be accomplished by either the client or by an external resource.
Founded in Germany over a hundred years ago, the company has long reflected the finest traditions of European hospitality. The brand is now in many of the world's most famous and resorts and includes hotels in the grand style, pace-setting modern establishments and older hotels of individual charm. The business is headquartered in Switzerland.
Consultants: Ian Graham, Doreen Boulding and Mike Wrigley
To develop a tailored yet generic checklist of issues that should be addressed during the period from the signing of the development agreement to the appointment of the executive team.
In total, almost 300 separate processes were identified. Rather than focus on developing this checklist from a purely departmental or functional point of view, it was felt that this approach would fail to recognise four critical matters.
1. The enterprise was seeking to address these matters in a holistic and integrated manner
2. Added value comes from professional project planning
3. The tasks required to open a hotel are likely to be very similar regardless of whether the hotel is:
5. The skills and competencies required during this phase are so significantly different to either development or operations
Please do contact us to discuss without obligation how we can help you.
Ian Graham: leads and contributes to complex advisory assignments for hotel owners and operators around the world, leveraging his deep understanding of the goals of the guest, the hotelier, the investor, the lender and the brand owner - and all this from a unique base of experience that has seen him working on hotel issues in more than 60 countries.Read more >
Mike Wrigley: provides hotel consulting solutions across a wide range of technology issues including system research, start-ups, IT strategies, new-build infrastructures and project turnarounds.Read more >
Associated Areas of Expertise
Booking engine selection Read more >
Brand management Read more >
Business systems knowledgebase Read more >
Central reservation systems (CIS) Read more >
Change management Read more >
Content management Read more >
Design reviews Read more >
Distribution channel management Read more >
E-commerce Read more >
Finance Read more >
Food and beverage management Read more >
General management Read more >
Golf course, marina and other recreational facilities Read more >
Hotel management contracts Read more >
Human resources Read more >
IP telephony, WAN, VoIP, HSIA, WiFi Read more >
Leadership development Read more >
Legal affairs Read more >
Management development and training Read more >
Market entry and exit Read more >
New hotel openings Read more >
Performance management Read more >
Pricing Read more >
Process design Read more >
Product definition and launch Read more >
Room management Read more >
Sales and marketing management Read more >
Service strategy and skills Read more >
Spa health and fitness management Read more >
Standard operating procedures Read more >
Strategic planning Read more >
Sustainability Read more >
Tour operator contracting Read more >
Web site development Read more >